Crawley Borough Council has awarded its final grants to community groups in Crawley as part of its Open Grants scheme for 2016/17.
The recipients of these small grants include Crawley Festival who were awarded £1,000 by the council who stepped in to boost funding and support an exciting and diverse town centre event.
Other recipients of Open Grants are:
- Ifield Cricket Club, a community amateur sports club who were awarded £500 for essential electrical work.
- Crawley Run Crew, £498 start-up/development grant.
- Maidenbower Park Community Club, £2,050 for a fun day for local residents with charities and community groups taking part.
- Worth Parish St Barnabas Church, £1,000 for facilities (disabled access) improvements.
- West Sussex Angling Academy at Broadfield Park, £500 for safety equipment.
- WORDfest Crawley programme, £2,500 for events celebrating everything wordy – written, spoke, sung and drawn.
- West Green Community Forum, £1,250 for local neighbourhood activities.
Open Grants are available for community and voluntary organisations activities in Crawley. Funding is available for up to £2,500. Most applications receive an offer of funding providing they meet the criteria for support.
To find out more visit www.crawley.gov.uk/grants or contact Craig Downs in Community Development on 01293 438763.
Please pop back to the Homepage to read more great stories by CHT…